Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wonk

Above photo is copyright Patrick Potts, 2010, and may NOT be used in any form without explicit written permission.
---

    I absolutely cannot stand it when I have a day off and can't figure out what to do. I want to read, I want to listen to music, I want to go out and get some photography, I should continue processing photos already shot, and in the end I just don't want to move. Talk about lazy! Granted, it's 11:00 AM as I type this, so technically it's still morning. I think that means I'm not completely lazy, just late waking. 

   I've been trying to think of what causes this to happen, and I've noticed it happens more when I have one day off as opposed to two. I feel like I can't waste it, as if doing something will make it fly by. Then there I'll be, waking up in the morning and getting ready for work wondering what I did on my day off. It's silly, but that's what stagnates my entire day. Of course, I end up feeling uneasy the next day because I know I didn't accomplish anything I wanted to. Blurgh!

   As much as I want to do in life, all the things I aspire to, you'd think I'd be busy on my days off. A full schedule of German, exercising, photography, book reading, and whatever else I put on my table. There's a thousand things that cross my mind that I want to do, but the motivation is absent. I don't feel like going outside, it's too hot, too busy out there. I don't want to stay inside, there's too much to do, no way to decide. And now I'm procrastinating by typing an emo-blog. In fact, now that I've come to that sad realization, I believe this is a good stopping point. Yikes, almost boarded the fail train at full speed!  

No comments: